Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I think Robbie Bach is right.My Xbox 360 story

Earlier this week,I read a interview with Robbie Bach(Head of Microsoft Entertainment and Devices Group)that said that despite the hardware failures,customers were still brand loyal. Here's the quote to be accurate:

"In the ordinary course of something like this, you would expect it to show up in the customer reaction data. We just haven’t seen that. It speaks to the fact that they love their games and Xbox Live. Does it frustrate them? Yes. On the other hand, they know we’re taking care of them. People have a certain amount of respect for that. If it had happened on a product that had less baseline customer satisfaction, it would have had a bigger impact. We really haven’t seen that."


I will have to agree with Mr Bach on this assessment and that leads to my story.

I purchased my Premium 360 in April 2006,and it has worked flawlessly until just about two weeks ago.I was playing GTA4 and the 3 red lights came up.I contacted Microsoft support and received my coffin(box to ship it back in).I tracked the package and they received it on a friday.

Well,I got my 360 back on the following Tuesday.Three days?? That is amazingly fast for any kind of turnaround.Yes,I checked to make sure it was the same box.I had a ink mark on the side and it was still there.

Fast forward to this past Friday and my 360 started flashing 2 lights.That's the code for overheating.So,I can only assume that it wasn't completely fixed the first time.Yes,I was a little irritated as you might imagine.So I logged in to Xbox.com and order another repair order.Now,my 360 is going back for repairs again.That's twice in two weeks basically.

Now here's the strange thing.As Bach said,yes it is very irritating,but I'm still ready to get my 360 back to play.I have a PS3,PSP,PC and I play all of those just as much,but I'm just not mad enough at Microsoft yet to give up...Yet.

1 comment:

The Brains. said...

Yeah, my friend is on his 4th Elite. I don't hate MS for it yet, as I'm not a victim of it yet, but I don't trust their hardware, and I am weary of investing heavily in it, as the expense may be made in vain. I'm glad you still have faith in them, but mine is definitely shaken, regardless of PR stuntery.

And yes, I know 'stuntery' is not a word.